Friday, January 21, 2011

The Benefit of Mental Machinery

The good thing about Sasha’s disappearing mechanical failure is that given a little rest time I was almost guaranteed at least 20 k before it would happen again: perfect for a selling test drive. I took a good hit financially with the bike but sold it easily enough and considering that there really is a problem with it, I didn’t feel all that bad about getting back such a cut on the price: I’d rather Avihay’s bad karma ended with me. And I figure, you can’t buy a better seat in Heaven, but you can sure as Hell have better stories to tell the person next to you.

It goes without saying that I was relieved when the bike was sold. In celebration, I took Sophie, who had met up with me once again in Goa, sailing for a day on the Arabian sea. We have spent the time since on the beach, relaxing, reading, and me writing. Yesterday morning we watched dolphins breach a few hundred meters out in the water. They danced and played for about an hour in the Arabian sea before continuing north.

The motorcycle was by far way too stressful, but damn it was fun. To open up the throttle and feel the growl of the engine. The Indian wind in my face and the speckled ocean glistening not far from the road and the spinning rubber. By far, it was a fantastic mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment